From a SEO and search perspective, the video title, video description, video tags and the video transcript are the most important elements.
These are the most important steps to ranking high on YouTube and Google and remember, the better a video is SEO optimized, the better the results will be. 99% of the time when people don’t get the desired result, it’s because their videos are not properly SEO optimized.
1. File Name: Before uploading the video to YouTube, rename its file using the main keyword i.e. “payday loan.mpg” If your video is already uploaded but doesn’t have many views, or good rankings it’s actually worth considering deleting and reuploading your video with the main keyword as the file name.
2. Title: Create video title using the main keyword and work the second most important keyword. For example: Main keyword “payday loan” and secondary keyword “payday loans” make “Payday Loans Success Story: How to get a payday loan in 1 day!”
The title must be enticing and get peoples attention. It is the most important part of the entire process because it needs to stand out and make people want to click it. People use Youtube search to find answers to their questions so using “How to… “ or “What is…” work very well for video titles.
3. Description: In the video description you need to work in the keywords as well as the URL to the landing page.
In the first sentence of the description which is visible on the player page, put the URL to the landing page.
In a new paragraph, either paste the video’s audio script or write a roughly 200500 word description and work in all keywords.
Use each keyword or keyword phrase twice in the description, many people use the video script as the description and simply add keywords.
4. Category: Always choose the same category for all videos from the same Channel.
5. Tags: Add all keywords as tags to the video. Add another 510 related tags from the suggested tags section to mix it up a little.
6. Closed Captions: After the video is published the auto captions need to be corrected word for word. Close caption is a very important ranking tool, if you have it set up correctly, your video will rank faster and higher.