As a professional or business, it is very imperative for you to have a properly maintained profile on Twitter. When it comes to personal branding, Twitter is the top social media platform that you can rely on. At Twitter, you can break news or influence those following you in a matter of minutes, creating a strong online presence. However, it is very important that you take measures to optimize your Twitter profile for search engines if you want people to find you with minimal efforts.
To help you out with your Twitter profile optimization, here are five tips that you should consider:
- The name and the username of your Twitter profile are of key importance. If you are making a personal profile, use your full name and a username that is related to your profession. For a business profile, you should use the complete name of your business while using a keyword optimized username.
- The file name of the image you are using can be an alternative tag for your profile, so make sure to save the image with the similar title you are using for the name of your Twitter profile. Also, make sure the image you use is clear, professional and branded.
- The bio part of your profile is the ideal way to optimize your profile. Use professional keywords in your bio area, but make sure they are not used without making any sense. For a personal profile, list all your professional skills for the best results.
- When it comes to tweets, be careful since you only get limited characters. Make sure all your tweets have three components. Number one is a headline stating the news in a crisp and brief manner; this should include a keyword phrase at least once. Next, it should have a link leading to the whole story. Finally, number three is a hashtag focusing on the targeted niche.
- When you are using hashtags, make sure you perform a keyword search for the most popular ones before using one randomly. In a single tweet, it is better not to use more than three hashtags since they can give the impression of spamming.
By making your profile optimized for search engines, you can ensure that all those people who are looking for you can find you without any trouble.